From our Superintendent's Desk
Welcome to Mannheim School District 83!
Mannheim School District 83 is known for its commitment to student excellence, strong K – 8 curriculum and instruction, child-centered philosophy, collaboration among staff/families/community, and outstanding faculty members to meet the needs of a diverse population. We set the bar high, and our students and educators continue to meet the challenge in a close-knit community.
Our Board of Education is dedicated to promoting quality education as is evident by their keen ability to put together dynamic teams of administrators, teachers, and support staff who remain in the district long-term.
Technology continues to be integrated into our classroom instruction by supporting teachers to refine their skills through professional development opportunities to build individual expertise.
Mannheim School District is located in Cook County, three miles directly south of O’Hare Airport and eighteen miles west of downtown Chicago. The Administration Center is located at the southwest corner of Mannheim Road and Grand Avenue in Franklin Park.
We hope that our website provides you with important information about our District and community.
District 83 Vision Statement
All children can and will learn.
District 83 Mission Statement
We seek to develop a passion for learning in a creative, safe, and nurturing environment.
- Education of the whole child
- Dedicated teaching and meaningful learning
- Appreciation and power of diversity
- Respect for second language learning
- Power of differentiated teaching/learning
- Highly qualified staff
- Significance of research based instruction
- Recognition of and provision for individual differences
- Belief in the power of developing an informed citizenry
- Parental involvement that supports educational partnerships
- Monitoring financial solvency for future planning
- Lifelong learning for continued growth of staff and students
Strategic 5-Year Plans
- Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Early Childhood
- Full Day Kindergarten
- Human Resources
- Math In Focus
- Professional Learning Committee (PLC)
- Report Card
- Response to Intervention (RtI)
- Social Emotional
- Visible Learning
Thank you for visiting our website.
Kimberly S. Petrasek
Kimberly S. Petrasek