Mannheim District 83 E-Learning Information
Click on the plus signs below to read information about the following questions.
Click on the link to access the D83 Verified E-Learning Program. The program is verified and signed by Mannheim School District 83 Superintendent, Kim Petrasek and Regional Superintendent Mark Klaisner.
E-Learning days are designed to provide the continuation of learning for students despite a school closure. These days serve as official attendance days for students who must stay at home for learning due to emergency situations.
The purpose of E-Learning it to:
- Ensure the safety and well-being of students and staff
- Promote learning beyond the school walls
- An E-Learning day is intended as a day to advance learning for our students to the fullest extent possible while not in school. During an E-Learning day students will access the learning activities planned by the Mannheim District 83 teaching staff via the District 83 website.
- Mannheim District 83 teachers will be available from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. on E-Learning days. They can be reached via email or other Mannheim District 83 approved communication platforms.
- Mannheim District 83 will employ a mixture of digital and non-digital learning activities for our learners. Please refer to your child’s learning matrix posted online for a listing of each day’s learning expectations.
- Parents and/or students must submit daily attendance using the process identified below.
All E-Learning activities for each school in Mannheim District 83 can be accessed via the Mannheim District 83 web page at www.d83.org under the Parents, Staff, and Students tabs on the D83 homepage. Daily learning activities are posted for your child.
Mannheim District 83 teachers will be available each E-Learning school day from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Please see this email directory to contact your child’s teacher if your child needs academic assistance or if you have a question.
E-Learning days count as regular student attendance days, thus students are expected to complete the work posted for them. Teachers will continue to review their student’s work and provide feedback on growth and performance demonstrated by your child.
Technical support will be available from Mannheim District 83 technology staff during our E-Learning days. Please follow this link for troubleshooting support.
- Comcast Internet Essentials is free to new customers to help during the current Coronavirus pandemic. Families who live in a Comcast service area may sign up for Internet Essentials. Further information is available on the Mannheim District 83 website about this program or you may call 1-855-846-8376.
- AT&T (WiFi Access): Effective March 14, for 60 days, WiFi public access points are available for public use at no cost and with no contract required. Current AT&T customers will have no data caps during this time. To find an AT&T access location, please visit: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1103818. Go to att.com/access to learn more about Access from AT&T. Please also sign into the partner portal, accesspartners.att.com, to browse our COVID-19 specific promotional and communications materials. For assistance beyond the online resources, please call 1‑855‑220‑5211.
- If you are unable to obtain internet service or access to a technology device on an E-Learning day, please reach out to our Technology Department for assistance. Students will not be penalized in any academic manner under these circumstances.
Yes, during the school closure Mannheim District 83 students may receive free daily pre-packaged breakfast and lunches. Meals will be distributed every weekday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please refer to the Mannheim District 83 Coronavirus Update Center for further information and food pickup locations.
Parents and students will be notified using our Mannheim District 83 School Messenger system. Information will also be posted on the Mannheim District 83 website at www.d83.org/updates.
Social workers and therapists will “meet” with students using video conferencing through Google Meet.
In order to enhance the continuity and quality of instruction, including related services in your child’s IEP during this school closure, the District will include teaching and support services using the electronic, remote learning platform Google Meet. The information in these transmissions may be confidential and/or privileged. On short notice and due to the urgent circumstances, the District is electing to deploy Google Meet, relying on the representations of Google regarding the security of their resource and confidentiality of any information and proposes this tool as the best available resource which can be employed promptly for these purposes. While the Google platform represents their uses are secure and private, they have their own data and record collection maintenance, use and security practices. As the District does not have complete control over any and all access to the instruction provided by this means, particularly when being provided to a group of students, information could be inadvertently accessed by other persons, including parents or student siblings. Any of these electronic transmissions are however intended only for use by the intended recipient(s). We ask that parents limit any access to these educational transmissions to only the intended student. If you are not an intended recipient you should not view, disclose, audio or video record, copy, circulate, or in any other way use the information contained in this transmission. If you received this transmission in an error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this transmission including any attachments. By participating in these electronic learning opportunities, you acknowledge and agree to the above and waive any claims against the District related to your child’s participation in these electronic methods for delivery of education services.
If you have questions about this process or do not want your child to participate in this method of instruction or service, please contact your child's teacher, social worker, or therapist.