Speech and Language Therapy services are provided for students in Kindergarten through 5th grade.
General areas of Speech and Language impairments include:
- Articulation Disorders (pronunciation of age appropriate sounds, intelligibility of speech)
- Fluency Disorders (Stuttering), and Voice (vocal hygiene and volume control)
- Language Disorders (are also sub-divided into specific language areas)
- Receptive Language Disorders (Listening and understanding language), as well as Auditory Processing Skills.
- Expressive Language Disorders (verbal or oral language skills), as well as Cognitive and Pragmatic skills.
Services are provided through both RTI (Response to Intervention) and IEP (Individual Education Plan) Special Education.
If you need to contact me, please call Scott School at (847) 455-4818 and ask to speak with the Speech Therapist.